Friday, August 7, 2009

I Rather Have Anwar's Street Politics...

I rather have ‘Anwar’s street politics’ than Umno’s racist politics.

I rather have Anwar’s street politics than a maniacal opportunist.

I rather have Anwar’s street politics than the bigotry spewed by so many so-called ‘patriots.’

I rather have Anwar’s street politics than the irresponsible and shallowness of most politicians.

I rather have Anwar’s street politics than the anti-Semitism spewed by some.

I rather have Anwar’s street politics than the corruption than has become Umno’s hallmark.

I rather have Anwar’s street politics than the hate-mongering and race-baiting by Umno’s mouthpieces.

I rather have Anwar’s street politics than intolerance and narrow-mindedness.

I rather have Anwar’s street politics than a dictatorship.

I rather have Anwar’s street politics than censorship.

I rather have Anwar’s street politics than most politicians’ hypocrisy.

I rather have Anwar’s street politics than the toxicity of Umno’s general assembly.

I rather have Anwar’s street politics than the spineless (‘Yes, Tuan’) politics of the non-Malay BN parties.

I rather have Anwar’s street politics than the harassment and intimidation of Umno politics.

I rather have Anwar’s street politics than the politics that has raped our people.

I rather have Anwar’s street politics than the thuggery of BN politics.

I rather have Anwar’s street politics than the nepotism of Umno politics.

I rather have Anwar’s street politics than the repression of Umno politics.

I rather have Anwar’s street politics than Umno’s pandering to the religious bigots.

I rather have Anwar’s street politics than the Arabification of Malaysian society.

I rather have Anwar’s street politics than the erasure of multi-cultural Malaysia.

I rather have Anwar’s street politics than the Talibanisation of our civil liberties.

I rather have Anwar’s street politics than the rape and plundering of our national wealth.

I rather have Anwar’s street politics than the abuse and shredding of our constitution.

In other words, I rather have democracy.

G. Krishnan